Saturday, June 1, 2013

Even when I am tired

I still like to create some art…. even if it is just gessoing pages in my journals…. and speaking of journals, here are my current journals …

IMG_20130531_180853

One of my favourites is the little one on top…. lots of personal journalling and art created there…

I start off each journal thinking I will go with a ‘theme’, but I usually flip through a journal with an urge to create and just ‘start’… but you know? I like it that way…. as I turn each page there is something different…. unique…. a surprise….

IMG_20130531_180805

As I started to pile one art journal on another, I couldn’t believe I had started this many…. LOL…

I love looking through my art journals… I love the texture on the pages, the ‘crackle’ sound when you turn the pages.. (my 4 year old grand daughter will sit for ages looking through my journals, over & over again… she glides her tiny hands over the page, feeling the texture…. and my heart sings with joy)

I have seen a vast improvement in my art since I started way back in 2011…

I have painted 100+ canvases… I have sold some…. and have a few for sale in a local shop and Art Gallery and some I have kept for myself or given to family or friends… I have a few that I am ‘repurposing’, the ones’ I don’t like…

How many art journals have you got on the go?…. or finished?… or waiting to ‘start’?

 

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment